Thursday, March 19, 2009

Update on our lives...

It has been quite a while since I've blogged and a lot of life changes have happened. First of all...we sold our house. Yay! It was on the market for about 7 months and someone made an offer in February and we closed on Monday. Second of all...Jason has moved back up to Chattanooga, which I am thrilled about! We decided that Birmingham is not the place for us right now. My family is in Chattanooga, and I've made a lot of good friends here...not to mention...I have a job here and am months away from tenure...hopefully. We still went through with the sell of our house even though we are not moving to B'ham. We are living with my parents while we get back on our feet. Jason is starting his own business, which is completely scary and exciting all at the same time. We are taking a huge leap of faith. He is starting is own landscaping company. Landscaping has always been a passion of his, and he has always had this idea in the back of his mind. He was laid off from Regions a year ago and life has been a roller coaster ever since. Although he has applied for jobs in Chattanooga for a year, nothing solid has come up. We decided it was time to do something about it ourselves. So although things have been nothing short of crazy, we have faith in God that everything is going to settle down soon. I am praying that everything works out for us.
On a not so happy note...my grandpa Schilling is not doing well at all. He stopped eating about a week or two ago and has had really bad seizures. He had a stroke back in August, and although he somewhat recovered, he has been bed ridden ever since. I worry so much about my grandmother dealing with the stress of all of this. Please pray for my family.

No comments: