Saturday, July 26, 2008

So a year ago today I was at Memorial Hospital recovering from a thyroidectomy. It is crazy what can happen in a year! I am truly grateful for being cancer free and living a healthy life. In celebration of my anniversary my family and I went rafting on the Hiwassee river. I thought the trip was going to be a complete disaster because as soon as we got in the raft, it began to POOR DOWN RAIN!!! It rained heavily for about 20 minutes so needless to say, we were soaked and had not even touched the 55 degree water. All we could do was laugh! Sorry there are no pictures to post...it is kind of hard to use a camera during a torrential down pour. I loved every minute of it...though at one point I thought a hospital bed would be warmer than the rain. All in all, it was a good day. I am so thankful that I have such a wonderful family to support me in all that I do. Life is pretty good (besides Jason STILL being unemployed)! Hopefully, that will change soon!

No comments: